‘They said it was over. I said NO’ – Ibrahimovic shares gruesome image of career-threatening injury
Ibrahimovic, 36, suffered the horrific injury playing for Manchester United in a Europa League clash against Anderlecht last year in April.
He received cruciate ligament and meniscus damage in a blow that many felt he would not recover from given the advanced stage of his career.
The Swede shared the full horror of the injury and the scars left behind after surgery, in a picture on his Twitter account on Friday captioned in the big striker’s typically defiant style: “They said it was over. I said NO.”
They said it was over. I said NO pic.twitter.com/6RqSB4zyHL— Zlatan Ibrahimović (@Ibra_official) August 2, 2018
He recovered after seven months out and while he has since moved on from United to LA Galaxy, he is still racking up the goals – including his first MLS hat-trick at the weekend.
The Swede has been in typically confident mood since moving to the US, continuing his habit of providing headline-grabbing soundbites to match his performances on the pitch.
He recently said he would be “president by now” if he’d moved to the US 10 years earlier.
He has illuminated the league on the pitch, too, announcing his arrival back in March with a stunning 40-yard goal as part of a double on his debut.
Ibrahimovic has netted 15 times in his 17 appearances so far for the Galaxy.