icon bookmark-bicon bookmarkicon cameraicon checkicon chevron downicon chevron lefticon chevron righticon chevron upicon closeicon v-compressicon downloadicon editicon v-expandicon fbicon fileicon filtericon flag ruicon full chevron downicon full chevron lefticon full chevron righticon full chevron upicon gpicon insicon mailicon moveicon-musicicon mutedicon nomutedicon okicon v-pauseicon v-playicon searchicon shareicon sign inicon sign upicon stepbackicon stepforicon swipe downicon tagicon tagsicon tgicon trashicon twicon vkicon yticon wticon fm
18 Jul, 2020 13:18

Portland police ‘retreat’ after standoff with NAKED female protester (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)

Portland police ‘retreat’ after standoff with NAKED female protester (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)

Police officers in Portland, Oregon were caught off guard after being approached by a nude female demonstrator, who lay down in the street and began performing yoga. The cops were then filmed “withdrawing.”

A woman wearing nothing except a mask and a beanie approached a group of officers clearing out the downtown area in the early hours of Saturday. A line of police and federal agents were standing at an intersection when the naked woman seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

“Naked Athena appeared and the little boys didn’t know what to do,” joked Donovan Farley, a reporter on the ground who documented the risque confrontation.

A video shows her casually walking up to the law enforcement officers, stopping several meters away from them. She was then photographed performing yoga, lying down, and sitting on the street with her legs spread facing the officers.

Police fired several pepper balls near her shoeless feet, prompting one demonstrator with a shield to stand in front of her and block her from potential harm. However, it does not appear she was injured.

According to several eyewitnesses who posted photographs and videos of the standoff on Twitter, the police later withdrew from the intersection, leaving the naked woman standing in the street as she watched them drive away.

The bizarre incident marked the 50th day of unrest in Portland and comes just hours after Oregon’s attorney general filed a lawsuit against the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and other agencies, claiming they had seized and detained demonstrators without probable cause.

The city’s federal courthouse has been the site of nearly nightly violence, with protesters armed with fireworks and projectiles facing off with police and federal agents. Interim DHS chief Chad Wolf visited the city on Thursday, and vowed that his agency would “never surrender to violent extremists.”

Also on rt.com Oregon attorney general files lawsuit against federal agencies amid reports that officers ‘kidnapped’ Portland protesters

Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!