Google fails to remove hacked nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence

Google fails to remove hacked nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence
Google has tried but failed to remove two internet links showing Hollywood actress Jennifer Lawrence in all her beauty weeks after her legal team threatened to sue.

The internet giant has successfully taken down a website that hosted the nude pictures of the actress on Monday, but within hours the embarrassing photo-takes were back online after the host changed the domain name.

The failed attempt by Google follows a legal request filed on Lawrence's behalf at Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp on September 24 asking the Silicon Valley company to remove links to the site.

Legal requests tracking site, the Chilling Effects, says that two links were barred under the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), requiring providers to remove protected material upon request.

Google is forced to shut down picture fapping search results after on August 31, unidentified hackers released the first batch of nude celebrity pictures. Culprits allegedly broke into iCloud accounts and stole private photos of hundreds of people. The images of Lawrence and many of her colleagues were then made available to the general public via 4Chan online forum.

Following the massive leak a group of celebrities whose photos were made public have threatened to sue Google for $100 million.

Singer Rihanna.(Reuters / Carlo Allegri)

The letter to the Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin seen by Page Six was penned by famous Hollywood lawyer Marty Singer, accusing Google of "blatantly unethical behavior.”

“Because the victims are celebrities with valuable publicity rights you do nothing - nothing but collect millions of dollars in advertising revenue - as you seek to capitalize on this scandal rather than quash it,” the letter allegedly stated.

Google since then has been battling to save the dignity of the exposed celebrities. “We’ve removed tens of thousands of pictures within hours of the requests being made – and we have closed hundreds of accounts," a Google spokesperson said at the time. "The internet is used for many good things. Stealing people’s private photos is not one of them."

Actress Amber Heard.(Reuters / Yves Herman )

In the meantime in the new interview to Vanity Fair, Lawrence says that she is extremely angry at Perez Hilton, a celebrity blogger, who posted the private shots on his Web site before taking them down. She says “People forget that we're human.”

“He took it down because people got pissed, and that's the only reason why. And then I had to watch his apology. And what he basically said was ‘I just didn't think about it.’ ‘I just didn't think about it’ is not an excuse. That is the exact issue itself,” Lawrence told the magazine.

The FBI and Apple are both conducting investigations into the hacking scandal of personal accounts thought to be connected to the iCloud service.

Reuters / Chris Helgren