Conor McGregor: Mayweather ‘afraid of fighting’
McGregor is currently preparing for his UFC 205 lightweight title fight against Eddie Alvarez on November 12, but he still hasn't ruled out facing Mayweather in the future.
"Floyd is afraid of fighting," he told the LAD Bible. "Floyd doesn't want to fight. Floyd wants a boxing match.
"And I've already said 'No problem. Get my f****** money!' And when he gets my money then we can box in this boxing match under these set of specific rules that will keep you alive.
"So, I'm here. Where's my money? Because if you keep dropping my name and you haven't got my money then I am going to show up at your front door.
"So we will see. But Floyd does not want to fight me. Floyd wants a match under a specific set of rules. I don't need rules. So I'm open. Let's see what happens. Right now it is just talk."
Mayweather hasn't boxed competitively since September 2015 and claimed last month that a fight against the Irishman wouldn't happen as the two sides couldn't agree the financial package.
However, McGregor's comments to MMAjunkie have done little to quash the rumors of a future meeting with Mayweather.
Speaking to Mike Bohn, McGregor hinted at a major announcement after his fight against Eddie Alvarez.
"Buy the pay-per-view and stay tuned," he said. "Don't blink. It's going to be big. It's always positive with me. So all I'll say is tune in."
Elsewhere, Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) Executive Director Bob Bennett has claimed McGregor will not be fined $150,000 for his bottle-throwing spat with Nate Diaz, as was recently reported.
Bennett told MMA Fighting that the figure is representative of the $75,000 fine plus the 50 hours of community service he was ordered to carry out at last Monday's disciplinary hearing.
McGregor had hit out at the apparent severity of the fine, telling Rolling Stone that he wouldn't fight in Nevada again.
"I don't see Nevada in my future, for the foreseeable future is how I see it," McGregor said. "I'm free to do what I want."
Bennett admitted he was disappointed by McGregor's comments and remained hopeful he was being genuine when he apologized to the commission.
"I understand that he's upset," Bennett said. "I understand that he commands a phenomenal following and paydays and he's a world-renowned champ.
"I get that he's frustrated – $75,000 is a lot of money. But I think the remark is inappropriate. In fairness to Conor – and I say this with the utmost respect – I just don't think he understands how the system works when he's fined."