‘Jewification of Great Britain’: Anti-Semitic protest planned in London
Far-right nationalists are planning a demonstration in a London borough next month to protest the alleged “Jewification of Great Britain.” Anti-fascist groups have pledged to deny marchers “an inch of our streets.”
The march, organized by British National Party-linked activist Joshua Bonehill-Paine, is called “Liberate Stamford Hill.”
Bonehill-Paine is calling for a “fight back” against what he calls “Jewification and anti-white oppression” in the north London area.
Stamford Hill is home to one of the largest Orthodox Jewish communities in Europe. The march appears to be directly targeting the Shomrim, a Jewish community patrol group which supports the Metropolitan Police.
Bonehill-Paine further claims that “white people” in the area are subjected to abuse.
A Facebook post promoting the march condemns the Jewish patrol group for “enforcing their law” on the area.
“It’s utter disbelief that the Jews of Stamford Hill have set up their own police force which enforces their own talmudic law on the streets of a White British city,” the post reads.
“In Stamford Hill, White people are openly spat at on the streets and viewed simply as ‘Goyim’, slave to the Jew. I refuse to ignore the on-going Jewification of my country whilst other ‘Patriotic’ organizations are busy attacking issues that don’t matter.”
“That’s why on the 22nd of March, 2015 in Hackney at Clapton Common, I will be demonstrating against the Jewification of Stamford hill (sic) in an effort to ‘Liberate’ the area and draw attention to the Jewish problem,” he adds.
Bonehill-Paine, 22, is a controversial figure who has described himself as a “rising star” in the far-right, yet was dubbed “moronic” by an expert in a court case in which he was found guilty of issuing anti-Muslim death threats against a pub landlord in 2013.
An ex-Conservative party member who previously tried to organize an anti-Islamist march in London after the murder of British soldier Lee Rigby, Bonehill-Paine publishes a blog called The Daily Bale (“Britons Against Left-Wing Extremism”) which ran a number of stories that later turned out to be hoaxes, the BBC reported.
He is due in court on Monday, where he is accused of writing a hoax story for his local newspaper, claiming that Tesco's food was contaminated with Ebola, though this is not the first time he has been reprimanded for fabricating information.
In September 2014 he appeared in court accused of posting information online falsely claiming that individuals were paedophiles, homosexuals and held religious faiths.
In response to the call for an anti-Jewish march, anti-fascist groups have rallied, pledging to stop the event taking place.
The North London Anti-Fascists said they would work with members of the community in Stamford Hill to gain as much anti-fascist support as possible.
“This demonstration will not only be opposed, it will be stopped. We will do everything we possibly can to refuse National Action, or any other anti-Semitic, White Pride, nationalist or neo-Nazi groups who join this protest, even an inch of our streets,” a statement read.
“More information shall be released shortly about counter-demonstration plans and how we shall be working with Stamford Hill residents, community groups, and other antifascist groups to ensure that the intimidation and hate that this demonstration is designed to create is stopped.”
The Facebook event for the march currently lists 50 people as attending. Posts on the page refer to Jews as “the corruption behind mankind.”
The Metropolitan Police say they are still deciding whether to allow the demonstration to take place.
“We are aware of an application to hold a demonstration on March 22 in Stamford Hill. A decision as to whether the demonstration will be permitted has yet to be taken. We're in consultation with the community about the possible impact it will have,” a spokesperson said.
Labour MP Luciana Berger protested against the march on Twitter, saying “this ‘rally’ has no place in Britain.”
News of the march comes only weeks after Home Secretary Theresa May said efforts must be doubled in the UK to combat anti-Semitism.
Her comments followed a warning from the UK’s former chief rabbi Lord Sacks, who claimed British Jews are frightened to go to Jewish shops in the wake of terror attacks in Paris, when a kosher supermarket was targeted by Islamist gunmen.
Lord Sacks told Sky News’ Murnaghan Show that anxiety within the Jewish community was at a “record high.”