Kaka tops MLS salaries but lags way behind La Liga stars
The Brazilian earns $7.17 million per year at Orlando City SC in figures recently released by the MLS players' union.
Toronto star Sebastian Giovinco is second on the list, with earnings of around $7.12 million per year, with teammate and US captain Michael Bradley rounding off the top three at $6.5 million per year.
Former England internationals Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard are next in the list with annual salaries of around the $6 million mark.
Gerrard is joined in the top 10 by LA Galaxy teammate Giovanni Dos Santos who earns $4.25 million, while Lampard New York City teammates Andrea Pirlo and David Villa are also amongst the leading earners.
Pirlo trousers $5.92 million per year, with Villa raking in $5.61 million annually.
Jozy Altidore and Clint Dempsey also find themselves in the top 10, with salaries approaching $100,000 per week.
The MLS operates a generous salary cap, meaning players could earn up to $450,000 per week.
Despite the high cap, Kaka's wage is a far cry from Real Madrid star Ronaldo, who earns a staggering $52.6 million per year, or Barcelona's Lionel Messi, whose yearly salary is a whopping $51.8 million.
Manchester United's Wayne Rooney is the highest Premier League earner with $19.9 million annually.
Top 10 MLS salaries
1. Kaka (Orlando City) - $7.17 million
2. Sebastian Giovinco (Toronto FC) - $7.12 million
3. Michael Bradley (Toronto FC) - $6.5 million
4. Steven Gerrard (Los Angeles Galaxy) - $6.13 million
5. Frank Lampard (New York City FC) - $6.0 million
6. Andrea Pirlo (New York City FC) - $5.92 million
7. David Villa (New York City FC) - $5.61 million
8. Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC) - $4.82 million
9. Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders) - $4.61 million
10. Giovani Dos Santos (Los Angeles Galaxy) - $4.25 million