Romeo with a torch: Siberian man sets dorm on fire to impress ex
The unlucky Romeo from the Siberian city of Omsk told police that he went to the dormitory where his former girlfriend lived, but he didn’t dare face her in case she rejected his advances.
The man, who was already intoxicated, instead came up with a plan to start a fire in the building and then emerge as a hero by saving the residents from the ensuing blaze.
He started the fire in the utility space of the building but failed in his attempts to put it out, forcing the residents to call the fire service. As a result of the stunt, five people including two children were hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning.Also on rt.com Small boy joyrides car ‘to impress girlfriend’ (VIDEO)
Police later arrested the hapless romantic in a cafe nearby. The authorities didn’t appreciate the sentiment behind his actions and have launched a criminal investigation, classing the incident as an act of hooliganism.
Like this story? Share it with a friend!