Mediaworks pulls plug on Kim Dotcom’s Mega ad campaign
Dotcom added that he was “Not blaming Mediaworks. They are a great company with great people. It’s the music labels that are abusing their power, again.”Dotcom has appealed to other radio stations to play the ad campaign instead. Media works confirmed they had canceled the ad but didn’t say why. “When it comes to details of relationships with all our clients, including Mr. Dotcom, we keep those arrangements pretty confidential”, said a Mediaworks spokeswoman. Although she did say that cancelling an ad campaign was a “unique situation” for Mediaworks.Despite a series of legal victories against prosecutors, Dotcom still faces an extradition hearing next year amid allegations that he should be made to face trial in the US over charges his wealth has been obtained by widespread copyright infringement. Dotcom and his co-accused, Finn Batata, Mathias Ortman and Bram Van der Kolk, deny the charges. “If I win my case and Mega becomes a powerful business that creates thousands of jobs, I get involved in startups and contribute to the economy – then I want to be New Zealander of the year,” The German National previously told the Weekend Herald, with regards to his new business Mega.
Apparently some music labels complained to Mediaworks about our radio ads. Booking of over 500 ad plays terminated. Wow!!!— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) January 16, 2013