icon bookmark-bicon bookmarkicon cameraicon checkicon chevron downicon chevron lefticon chevron righticon chevron upicon closeicon v-compressicon downloadicon editicon v-expandicon fbicon fileicon filtericon flag ruicon full chevron downicon full chevron lefticon full chevron righticon full chevron upicon gpicon insicon mailicon moveicon-musicicon mutedicon nomutedicon okicon v-pauseicon v-playicon searchicon shareicon sign inicon sign upicon stepbackicon stepforicon swipe downicon tagicon tagsicon tgicon trashicon twicon vkicon yticon wticon fm

Indian man swallows 116 IRON NAILS and survives

Indian man swallows 116 IRON NAILS and survives
Iron is crucial for the healthy functioning of your body. But one Indian man clearly overdid it when he snacked on as many as 116 iron nails, several pellets, and a long wire, which doctors had to remove from his stomach.

A surgeon in Bundi, north-western India, was puzzled after an X-ray showed his patient’s stomach was littered with sharp objects.  “I recommended for a CT scan. That, too, confirmed the same after which the patient was operated upon on Monday,”said Dr Saini, after Bhola Shankar, 42, came in with severe abdominal pains.

Also on rt.com Indian man miraculously survives after metal rod pierces right through skull (GRAPHIC PHOTOS)

It took doctors around half an hour to remove the dangerous items from his body. Most of the nails were 6.5cm long, which could have caused incurable damage had they entered the intestine.

Shankar, who works as a gardener, is said to have mental issues and couldn’t explain why he decided to eat such an impressive amount of dangerous objects, local media report.

Also on rt.com Say what? Man lives with 20cm spoon in throat for a year before seeking help (PHOTOS)

Doctors said it might be possible that he was swallowing them for a long period of time until a critical mass filled up his stomach.

Like this story? Share it with a friend!

Podcasts