Reported gas bottle explosion at shopping center in Frankston outside Melbourne
Victoria’s Country Fire Authority has confirmed it is responding to reports of a gas bottle explosion near the Bayside Shopping Centre.
“There is a fire at Bob Jane T Marts Cnr Beach St & Dandenong Rd FRANKSTON,” Victoria’s Country Fire Authority said. “A number of forklift gas cylinders are involved in fire.”
“There is currently no threat to the community, but you should continue to stay informed and monitor conditions.” it said.
The moment of the dramatic explosion was caught on video as a ball of flames is seen shooting into the air.
WARNING: This video contains strong language
Bob Jane T-Marts is located across the road from the Bayside Shopping Centre.
7 News Melbourne reports the situation is now under control and shoppers have been allowed back inside the shopping center.