Duterte ‘may deploy warship’ to save 3 Filipinos, and a S. Korean kidnapped in Libya
Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte said Friday he might send the Navy’s most modern frigate to waters off Libya to save three Filipinos and a South Korean kidnapped last month from a water plant in the North African country. Seoul has redirected a vessel taking part in anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden to help in the release of the four men. Duterte said he might do the same and would raise the issue next week at a regular meeting of his top military and police commanders, Reuters reports. “If they start hurting those three Filipinos, I will bring a frigate there, I am not kidding,” he said. The men were taken near Ishwirif by an unknown armed group.