Yemen’s Houthis ready to unilaterally halt attacks in Red Sea – official

Yemen’s Houthi group said on Tuesday it is ready to unilaterally halt attacks in the Red Sea to support peace efforts. Saudi Arabia earlier suspended oil exports through a strategic Red Sea channel following an attack on crude tankers last week. Yemen, where a Saudi-led coalition has been battling the Houthi movement in a three-year-old war, borders the Bab al-Mandeb strait, which is one of the world’s most important trade routes for oil tankers. “The unilateral halt in naval military operations will be for a limited time period and could be extended and include all fronts if this move is reciprocated by the leadership of the coalition,” said the head of the Houthi supreme revolutionary committee, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi. It was not clear whether the group would halt its attacks immediately or how long the cessation would last, Reuters said.