Afghan forces ‘mistakenly’ kill 9, mostly civilians, in Nangarhar raid – officials

Afghan forces mistakenly killed nine people, most of them civilians, during a raid on a house in eastern Nangarhar province, which has been a base for Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS) and other militants, officials said on Tuesday. The raid took place late on Monday night in Chaparhar district. Eight other civilians were also wounded, Provincial Governor Hayatullah Hayat said, adding that a local police commander was among the dead. He said gunfire had been coming from the house that was raided but the casualties were identified as mostly civilians once the operation ended. In the central province of Kabul, a policeman and a civilian were killed after a bomb attached to a bicycle detonated on Monday in the Qarabagh district, said Mohammad Azem, the district governor.