5 children die in Siberia house fire

At least five children, from one to seven years old, were killed and one man was injured in a house fire in Stepnoy village in Russia’s Novosibirsk region, local emergency services said on Sunday. The blaze started at 7:15am local time (4:15 GMT) and lasted for around half an hour. The kids died of carbon monoxide poisoning minutes after the fire had started, and the injured man is currently in hospital. The blaze could have been caused by carelessness, according to the emergency services citing preliminary data.