Medvedev calls for continued economic growth
“It's important the measures undertaken should help to not only ease the tense situation, but also retain the pace of economic growth. I mean industry, agriculture, transport, development and trade,” Medvedev stated at the meeting.
This is the fourth meeting between the president and the government's economic bloc in a month.
Taking part in the meeting were:
- First Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov;
- Head of the Presidential Experts Directorate Arkady Dvorkovich;
- Deputy Regional Development Minister Sergei Gruglik;
- Ministers: Alexei Kudrin (finances), Tatyana Golikova (health), Alexei Gordeyev (agriculture), Igor Levitin (transport), Elvira Naibullina (economic development) and Viktor Khristenko (industry and energy);
- Bank heads: Sergei Ignatyev (Central Bank of Russia), German Gref (Savings Bank), Andrei Akimov (Gazprombank), Andrei Kostin (VTB), Vladimir Dmitriyev (Vneshekonombank).