icon bookmark-bicon bookmarkicon cameraicon checkicon chevron downicon chevron lefticon chevron righticon chevron upicon closeicon v-compressicon downloadicon editicon v-expandicon fbicon fileicon filtericon flag ruicon full chevron downicon full chevron lefticon full chevron righticon full chevron upicon gpicon insicon mailicon moveicon-musicicon mutedicon nomutedicon okicon v-pauseicon v-playicon searchicon shareicon sign inicon sign upicon stepbackicon stepforicon swipe downicon tagicon tagsicon tgicon trashicon twicon vkicon yticon wticon fm
11 Feb, 2019 12:56

Indonesian police interrogate terrified man with live 2-meter snake in horrific VIDEO

Indonesian police interrogate terrified man with live 2-meter snake in horrific VIDEO

Horrific footage has been shared online by a human rights activist which purports to show Indonesian police torturing a man by locking him in a cell with a live, two-meter-long snake while taunting and laughing at him.

Police in Indonesia’s easternmost Papua region apologized, but also claimed that the snake was not venomous and they spared the suspected thief a physical beating. In the video, the handcuffed man, suspected of stealing mobile phones, screams in fear as his interrogator laughs and a voice can be heard threatening to put the snake into the suspect’s mouth and trousers.

Warning: Some may find this footage disturbing.

Human rights lawyer Veronica Koman shared the footage saying it was indicative of a culture of racism against indigenous Papuans in Indonesia. One of the interrogators can be seen pushing the dark brown snake’s head into the man’s face as he weeps and cries hysterically.  

“We have taken stern action against the personnel,” police chief Tonny Ananda Swadaya reportedly said in a statement. Swadaya added that the officers involved had been disciplined, moved to other locations, and sent for additional ethics training.

Also on rt.com Man’s testicles tasered during horrific police arrest (VIDEO)

Sam Lokon, a member of the West Papua National Committee, reportedly faced similar interrogation methods after being beaten following his arrest in January.

Papuan separatists have fought since the 60s for independence following annexation of the resource-rich border areas of the country by Indonesia in 1969.

Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!