14yo suffers severe intestinal damage after being sucked into pool system
Circumstances surrounding how a 14-year-old boy was sucked into a water treatment system at a swimming pool near Valencia, causing severe stomach injuries, are being investigated by Spanish authorities.
The bizarre incident unfolded after a swimming lesson on June 2, when the teen became caught in a water filtration system at a private leisure center in the town of Carpesa.
According to Levante, the unidentified youth suffered horrific injuries to his stomach after he lifted a grate from the bottom of the pool and was sucked into a machine designed to clean the water.
The boy had reportedly stayed in the pool after a swimming lesson at Club Valenciano De Natacion to play with friends.
Quick thinking by a monitor at the center meant the suction system was turned off as soon the dire situation became apparent.
Daredevil’s failed pool jump ends with horrific injuries (GRAPHIC VIDEO) https://t.co/5IdGBeWBXFpic.twitter.com/JZeege2tOE— RT (@RT_com) January 3, 2017
Despite this, parts of the boy’s intestines were sucked out by the pool system, report La Vanguardia, who cite sources at Valencia’s Centre for Information and Coordination of Emergencies.
The boy is currently at the intensive care unit at La Fe Hospital, where his is being treated for serious intestinal injuries, according to La Sexta.
The accident is being investigated by Spain’s Guardia Civil. RT.com has contacted Club Valenciano De Natacion for comment.