WikiLeaks says email publication servers under targeted DoS attack since #DNCLeak2
Previously WikiLeaks tweeted that the website was briefly down.
The announcement was made by WikiLeaks on its official Twitter account after the organization had released more than 8,000 emails from key figures in the Democratic National Committee.
The news comes against the backdrop of the whistleblowing website's ongoing Podesta email leaks and revelations about Hillary Clinton in Julian Assange’s exclusive interview with journalist and documentary maker John Pilger.
On November 6, WikiLeaks published more emails from the hacked account of Clinton's campaign chair, John Podesta, bringing the number to the promised 50,000.
Among them are transcripts of Bill Clinton’s fundraising speeches, in which the former US president attacks UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and says a tough leader is needed to “enforce the trigger that will re-impose sanctions” if Iran violates the nuclear deal.
The leaks also include Clinton aides worrying that “there are no good answers” to questions about the Clinton Foundation.
One of the emails saw former Clinton Foundation fundraiser Doug Band slamming Chelsea Clinton for allegedly spending money from the Foundation on her wedding.
During his conversation with Pilger, Assange talked about the leaks, saying that the source wasn’t the Russian government, as Washington has repeatedly claimed.
The WikiLeaks co-founder also discussed the outcome of the upcoming elections, saying that the Saudi and Qatari governments support Clinton, as well as Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIL/ISIS), and predicted that “Trump wouldn’t be permitted to win.”