icon bookmark-bicon bookmarkicon cameraicon checkicon chevron downicon chevron lefticon chevron righticon chevron upicon closeicon v-compressicon downloadicon editicon v-expandicon fbicon fileicon filtericon flag ruicon full chevron downicon full chevron lefticon full chevron righticon full chevron upicon gpicon insicon mailicon moveicon-musicicon mutedicon nomutedicon okicon v-pauseicon v-playicon searchicon shareicon sign inicon sign upicon stepbackicon stepforicon swipe downicon tagicon tagsicon tgicon trashicon twicon vkicon yticon wticon fm

Wrigley to produce Russian chocolate

Wrigley to produce Russian chocolate
American confectionery company Wrigley is buying into Russia's chocolate market. It has signed an agreement to buy 80% of premium chocolate-maker, Korkunov, and plans to acquire the remaining 20% in future.

Wrigley will pay $US 300 MLN for the initial stake , which is three times as much as what Korkunov earned over last year.

The confectionary is the seventh largest in Russia's chocolate market – and number two in premium chocolate, while Wrigley is the leader in Russia's chewing gum sector.

Dear readers and commenters,

We have implemented a new engine for our comment section. We hope the transition goes smoothly for all of you. Unfortunately, the comments made before the change have been lost due to a technical problem. We are working on restoring them, and hoping to see you fill up the comment section with new ones. You should still be able to log in to comment using your social-media profiles, but if you signed up under an RT profile before, you are invited to create a new profile with the new commenting system.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and looking forward to your future comments,

RT Team.

Podcasts