icon bookmark-bicon bookmarkicon cameraicon checkicon chevron downicon chevron lefticon chevron righticon chevron upicon closeicon v-compressicon downloadicon editicon v-expandicon fbicon fileicon filtericon flag ruicon full chevron downicon full chevron lefticon full chevron righticon full chevron upicon gpicon insicon mailicon moveicon-musicicon mutedicon nomutedicon okicon v-pauseicon v-playicon searchicon shareicon sign inicon sign upicon stepbackicon stepforicon swipe downicon tagicon tagsicon tgicon trashicon twicon vkicon yticon wticon fm

Nordea to buy 75% of OrgresBank

Nordea to buy 75% of OrgresBank
Scandinavia's largest bank, Nordea has announced plans to buy a 75% stake in Russia's OrgresBank for $US 313 million dollars. The bank's current management and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development will split the remaining 25%.

Nordea said it wants to increase OrgresBank's presence in Russia, with analysts pointing out Scandinavian banks have been slow to move into the Russian market. However, they indicated there's still plenty of potential acquisition targets and predict Nordea will be looking for more buying opportunities.

Podcasts