icon bookmark-bicon bookmarkicon cameraicon checkicon chevron downicon chevron lefticon chevron righticon chevron upicon closeicon v-compressicon downloadicon editicon v-expandicon fbicon fileicon filtericon flag ruicon full chevron downicon full chevron lefticon full chevron righticon full chevron upicon gpicon insicon mailicon moveicon-musicicon mutedicon nomutedicon okicon v-pauseicon v-playicon searchicon shareicon sign inicon sign upicon stepbackicon stepforicon swipe downicon tagicon tagsicon tgicon trashicon twicon vkicon yticon wticon fm

Evraz and China’s MCC agree to jointly develop Cape Lambert iron ore field in Australia

Evraz and China’s MCC agree to jointly develop Cape Lambert iron ore field in Australia
Russia's Evraz Group and China Metallurgical Group Corporation, or MCC, have agreed to jointly develop Australia's Cape Lambert iron ore field.

The field was recently acquired by MCC for almost 400 million dollars.

The two companies have signed a deal under which Evraz will control 75% of the joint venture, leaving 25% for MCC.

The deposit's reserves are estimated at 1.56 billion tonnes of iron ore, its annual iron concentrate output could reach 15 million tonnes.

Dear readers and commenters,

We have implemented a new engine for our comment section. We hope the transition goes smoothly for all of you. Unfortunately, the comments made before the change have been lost due to a technical problem. We are working on restoring them, and hoping to see you fill up the comment section with new ones. You should still be able to log in to comment using your social-media profiles, but if you signed up under an RT profile before, you are invited to create a new profile with the new commenting system.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and looking forward to your future comments,

RT Team.

Podcasts