Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts
Published time: 11 Apr, 2007 20:00 Edited time: 12 Apr, 2007 00:00
The solemn ceremony of laying of stone at the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts took place in 1898, in the presence of the Emperor Nikolas II and members of the royal family. The Museum's history is marked by periods of almost total destruction during World War II and marvelous rebirth after the War. Now the museum has a collection of masterpieces that can compete with the Prado, the Louvre or the London National gallery. And it prospers by through the energy of one woman who devoted her life to keeping and enriching its exposition. Get closer to the museum's great history and present day life in documentary.